By some amazing, unexplainable phenomenon we have reached the end of September. Though the rain keeps us mostly inside, I can see through the drop-speckled windows that the trees are taking on some warmish hues, so it must indeed be fall.
Still, there has been some playing outside:
And being fortunate to have a birthday fall on a Friday, I took the opportunity to invite over a bunch of people and make a big pot of Friday soup: clam chowder.
We had about 20 guests plus kids. I had ordered clams from a local deli that could source big cans from Italy, and ended up making about 12 liters I guess. 2 kilos clams, a potato per person, 1.5 liters whole milk and 1.5 liter cream... It all adds up. The difficulty of sourcing clams has been a major hindrance to chowder-production, but now that I've got this deli on my side I'll have to whip up a batch more often. I also made laugenbrezel, (traditional lye-dipped pretzels) and a couple of apple pies topped with cookie-cutter leaves. I had a case of Lagunitas Pale Ale to hand out...
A good party all around!
On Saturday we recovered, and tidied up, and helped Anders and Helen unload a trailer full of furniture. It got late, so they stayed for some pizzas and salad. And as they're off to the continent, we took delivery of Hubert, who inspired us to get out and do a lap of Slottskogen. Something we realized we haven't done for a while, being without dog.
He's made himself at home.
Then there was time for pedantic lego-organizing.
And as always time for drawing and crafts. Here a robot princess cavorts with a bunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment